This page is dedicated to students who will be joining us in September.
In this section:
- Key Staff
- Advisory & Teaching Groups
- Behaviour & Codes of Conduct
- Passport to Success
Here is an outline of some of the information that you will need to know for September. (These details will be added and updated with new information as we progress towards the start of the new year).
So far you should have received the following information by post:
- The data capture form to complete and return
- The school uniform list and information from the school supplier – Michael Seghal
- Information about using the MyEd app to communicate with school
An introductory transition letter was also sent out. The letter contains details of the e-mail enquiry address should you have any questions about these or any of the other information on this page: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs L Benson - Head of Year 7
Mrs. L Anderson – Attendance Manager
Mrs J Mitchell – Assistant Head Teacher/SENDCO
Advisory & Teaching Groups
Advisory group information will be given out to students in September.
Teaching groups will be allocated in September based on academic information supplied by primary schools. In the absence of SATs results, these groups will be temporary and subject to change after internal assessments have taken place during the Autumn term.
Behaviour & Codes of Conduct
Full details of the school's behaviour policy and expectations will be circulated to all parents/carers and students in September, but the behaviour policy can be found in the policy section.
All Year 7 students will be issued with a planner in September, we require all students to keep copies of their timetables in their planner.
Students are able to have their own locker in school, subject to availability and COVID restrictions. School bags and any other equipment may be kept in their lockers. Full details and a request form will be issued in September.
The school uses a system called ClassCharts to monitor all aspects of your child’s progress. Once your child is placed on the school system in September you will be able to access this internal monitoring system by logging in to either the website (www.classcharts.com) or by downloading the free mobile app (available on both IOS and Android by searching for Class Charts) and using the appropriate unique codes that will be issued in September. This will allow you to have access to the following information for your child or children.
- Behaviour points – both positive and negative
- Detentions – see when detentions are set and when they have been completed.
- Homework – see when homework is due, details of the task, and whether it is submitted on time.
- Timetable – see details of your child’s timetable.
- Attendance – see details of your child’s attendance record (The current day will not be shown, any issues will continue to be communicated via the attendance office)